I'm back home in Vancouver (still sounds odd to say that) and am currently sitting in the upstairs office trying to stay awake (damn you, timezones and the jetlag you induce!) and get some work done.
I started the day by stumbling about the house, opening my eyes a bit and then phoning S. to chat a bit this morning. Then P. came over (his mom though I wasn't getting back to this afternoon, so was a bit surprised when I left a message on her phone last night) and we fell back into the usual routines.
I still have to get to the grocery store for some provisions as well as deal with a handful of issues that arose while I was away (including my car developing a small problem which make it unhappy but which was fixed without much hassle and finding out why my landlord still hasn't replaced the old appliances). Such is the never ending stream of things to deal with.
Before I head out to run some errands, though, I popped an external disk onto the Mystery Device which I'm now referring to as "ARM, M.D." in my head (small things amuse me). After some great success with the thing at Tokamak 3, I talked with the people I got it from to figure out how to move it to the next step. The build approach we were using (and by "we", I really mean Artur :) was something we came up with at the moment lacking a proper SDK for the thing. The response was: build stuff on the device itself. Ermmmmmm...
Needless to say, it doesn't exactly have the disk space I need to compile on nor does it have a processor capable of making binaries in reasonable time frames. So I installed icecream on the device so I can actually compile at a reasonable speed using other machines here in the office and added .5TB of storage to it via USB. I half expect this thing to be building for much of the remaining week. It's sort of like going back to my first KDE dev machine: a PII 400. At least while it's compiling, I don't have to pay much attention to it and can do other things.
It is impressive how the machine doesn't get even warm in the least despite being in a small little box with no fans.
Aside from that, I managed to implement a small feature in Plasma::RunnerManager for Ivan so he can clean up some remaining TODOs on the Plasma::Runner integration in Kickoff's search. I also got out a good amount of email and read through the article that Sebas will post tomorrow about Tokamak 3 on theDot. Thanks to Sebas efforts combined with all the proof-reading and fact checking done by Jos and the crew on plasma-devel, it should be a pretty good read. Huzzah!
I have one more feature to implement in the Plasma Desktop Interactive Scripting Console (PDISC! Acronyms are falling from the sky today!) before I can do a proper screen cast of it. It's already pretty interesting what you can do with it, but I figure I may as well wait and show a fully functioning battle station when all that's left are a few laser cannon turrets. Or something like that. Maybe I should try to sleep a bit first. ;)