- We managed to get number of critical and important fixes in after RC2 for the final release of 4.5.0. These fixes have come not just from the usual suspects such as Marco or myself, but also people such as Will Stephenson, Raphael Kubo da Costa, Alex Fiestas, Rafał Miłecki, Maciej Mrozowski, Jonathan Michael Thomas, Sebastian Kugler, Ryan Rix, Giulio Camuffo,
Jacopo De Simoi .. I love you guys and your commitment! As do our users, even if they don't know it. ;)
- a cool new runner for Debianesque systems that helps you install software you want to run but which isn't yet installed: Command Missing Runner
- tons of work on Plasma Mobile, which can not only make phone calls now but which has an innovative and common sense approach to interacting with desktop widgets even on those tiny screens. Marco is doing some amazing work, including screencasts. It's Sunday today and guess what I see on the commit logs as they roll past my screen? Yep, Marco hacking on Plasma Mobile. Commitment, baby, commitment! :)
- We have a new addition to the Plasma Desktop Scripting: you can set the desktop theme now in response to a request from a packager with Unity Linux. As usual, it's also well documented
- Lion mail is alive and kicking!
- Ryan has started writing tutorials!
- We have a new class in libplasma called PluginLoader that centralizes access to Applet, Containment, Runner and Service plugins so that applications can even add their own internal objects (plugin or not) into the mix. This is driven by the needs of Skrooge, KDevelop and Kontact.
- The mobile system tray is taking shape
- Plasma's network manager Plasmoid is getting more mobile connection UI love
- Plasma Media Center is getting QML love for at least the welcome screen; I assume QML will spread further into PMC over time as well.
- The pastebin DataEngine has morphed into the Share DataEngine thanks to Artur and become a lot more generic and, most importantly imho, scriptable so it is easy to extend and update between releases.
- Giulo's Grouping Desktop is on its way into the KDE Plasma Add-Ons package for the 4.6 release day
- ... as is Jason's dictionary runner
- Activities efforts from the Plasma and the Nepomuk side are being merged, thanks to the leadership of Ivan and Trueg. It is going to freaking rock, capturing user events such as file interaction, window usage and Plasma layouts all in one tidy package for users to ride
- I've started a "Plasmoid of the Day" thing on my identi.ca profile and I update it nearly every day. :)
That's some of what has gone down in the last few weeks. Happy happy, joy joy!